Thursday, August 13, 2009

Lemon Curd & Berries

So Clint and I went to a co-workers BBQ over Pioneer Day weekend here in Utah. For those of you who don't know what Pioneer Day is....it's a Utah holiday when all of the old-timers migrated here and founded Salt Lake City....at least I think that's the short and ugly of it. Details are HERE

In any case, it's a total friends and family get together....get drunk and eat...and for those who don't drink, there's always tons of food and endless supply of water.

I always enjoy going to a get together, because there is always a palate pleasing dish that I just need to get the recipe for. To my dismay, the lucky dish this time was a dessert, with berries in a lemon curd sauce. Oh, it was to die for, and I thought my Filipino style fruit salad was a hit! Now I didn't get the exact recipe, so I just played cat and mouse and figured this much of this and that should taste like this...and I had success!

There's a tartness from the lemon curd and Greek yogurt, that just melts away with the sweetness from the honey and berries and so the recipe goes like this:

INGREDIENTS

1 pint of blueberries
1 pint of strawberries (sliced)
2 TBS of honey
1 jar of lemon curd about a cup

1 cup of Greek yogurt
Some mint leaves for garnish

PREPARATION

Mix together honey, yogurt, and lemon curd until smooth and completely incorporated.

Now make sure to slice your strawberries and toss the blueberries and strawberries in the mixture. Fold the berries so they are evenly coated. Plate to a serving dish and garnish with sprigs of mint.

Note: you can add more berries depending on how much sauce you like with the dish, also experiment with the fruit, I tried it with blackberries and it tasted divine!

1 comment: